I've had a few discussions with friends recently about 'Fake news' and what can be done about it. This is a deep deep question with many ramifications. Especially when you are dealing with humans. Here I'm endeavouring to delineate some of my aquired knowledge on the subject of logic, reasoning, sanity, fact, and opinions.
As our universe is based on dichotomies. Truth, lies, sanity, insanity. By establishing the ways in which things become illogical one can then establish what is logical, and vice versa.
- a premise of an argument; to form conclusions, judgments, or inferences from facts or premises. REASON depends on DATA. When DATA is faulty, the answer will be wrong and not based on fact
- thinking about something in a sensible or logical way
- something that can be provent to exist by visible evidence
- not based on fact
- someone or some organisation who provide facts and/or opinions
- the subject of reasoning. A method to asses the validity of something
- sound basis in fact
- The general state based on available data
- the state or fact of remaining the same one or ones, as under varying aspects or conditions
- the condition of being oneself or itself, and not another
- condition or character as to who a person or what a thing is
- the qualities, beliefs, etc., that distinguish or identify a person or thing
- the state or fact of being the same one as described
- the sense of self, providing sameness and continuity in personality over time and sometimes disturbed in mental illnesses, as schizophrenia
- exact likeness in nature or qualities
- an instance or point of sameness or likeness. The fact of being what something is
- Sanity (and intelligence)
- is the ability to recognise similarities, differences, and identities
- Insanity (and stupidity)
- The opposite of sanity; insanity would be no ability to recognise similarities, differences, or identities
How can things become illogical?
- Leave out a fact
- Change the sequence of events
- Leave out the time
- Add a lie
- Alter importance
Therefore logic must have these conditions:
- All relevant facts must be known
- Events must be in actual sequence
- Time must be properly noted
- The data must be factual - valid and true
- Relative importances must be recognised by comparing facts with what one is seeking to accomplish or solve
In computing we have RIRO - Rubbish In Rubbish Out. Same thing. Logic concerns finding answers, and answers depend on data. Determining the value of the data is the first step. You must be able to prove or disprove the data you use in the logic system, or the logic system will become faulty.
Again, with this understanding, and the understanding of dichotomies, that if we were merchants of havoc we could intermediate between two parties, use one or more of the above alteration methods, and therefore bring two parties into chaos. Just like the British did to Ireland and the US has done to South America and the Middle East. I mean, not 100% as humans are animals and have such instincts for domination. People will fight.
In order to compare, you must have something of similar attributes to that which is being compared. Maybe there isn't a situation like this on earth, so therefore we would have to delineate an ideal situation. Once you have this ideal, you can then compare and find out what is going on by:
- Analysing the data
- Using the above data to analyse the situation
The way to analyse the data is to use the 5 points above and see if they appear in the data. Regarding information collection - the less data you have the more precice the analysis must be.
Using the above 1-5 methods for the establising of fact you must have:
- a flow of data
- an ability to observe the data
- trigger an alarm when there is an indication of an out-point
- ability to do a data analysis
- ability to obtain more information
- implement a way to handle